Computer Screen Not Refreshing

When nothing you do helps get your computer working properly, it can be very frustrating. This guide is about computer screen not refreshing.

For several months now I have been having a particular problem with my computer. The best way I know how to describe it is that my screens are not automatically refreshing.

In other words, when I go to sites like eBay, Yahoo email, etc., the old screen from the day before is still there (even though I've logged off and back on - or even shutdown and restarted).

If I manually refresh, sometimes it will bring up the current/correct page and sometimes not. I may have to refresh a couple of times to get the page current. We have Windows XP and have tried deleting temporary files, history/cache, cookies, etc., but nothing seems to help.

This is driving me crazy! I'm not very knowledgeable about this type of thing and would greatly appreciate any help you can give (even if it's referring me elsewhere for more help)! Many thanks in advance!

Answers

I assume you are using Internet Explorer7. On te tool bar at the top, click on tools. Select Internet Options. On the general tab look for Browser History and click on settings. At the top of the popup box choose check for newer version. This causes internet explorer to update the page whenever you visit a page.

I went to CCleaner.com and downloaded it. I use it every night before I shut down my computer. I find this fixes a lot of problems I was having and I am ready to start fresh. BUT make sure you know all your passwords! Artena D.

Zoodad, thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I do believe that did it! I've put off making this request because I was afraid it would be something difficult to fix. Now I just wish I had asked earlier! Again, many thanks! I just love this website. :) Leah