Use Pliers for Opening Bottles

I am a senior citizen with arthritis. I find it hard to open pop bottles and milk jugs, so I decided to use my adjustable pliers and it works great. Just clamp them on the lid and twist. I store pliers in my silverware drawer so they are handy. It really saves my hands.

By Connie P. from OH

Good idea. I have a pair of small nut crackers that I use. I'm for all the help I can get to save the strain on my hands.

What a great idea. You can bet I will have these pliers in my kitchen drawer from now on.

Jean

I have been doing this for years and it really works.

Kudos (and thumbs up) to you for adaptable thinking! And, what a great way to make your adjustable wrench, nutcracker, or other tool, multi-task. :D

I have been using my nutcrackers for years. They are so handy. I appreciate all these things to help seniors. We need them.

I really like the idea of keeping them in the silverware drawer. Thanks for the great tip.

I not only keep pliers in my utensil drawer, but keep a pair of shears (scissors) for cutting open all foods that come in those plastic wraps or bags that I cannot pull open.

Talking about nut crackers, I use the pointed nut meat extractors for punching holes in kitchen towels for starting the beginning row of crocheting when crocheting the towel tops onto towels.