SnakesPest Control

Snakes In Bedroom

Category Snakes

I live in upstate NY. And every summer my parents get snakes in their bedroom. We've seeled off every hole inside and out but they always seem to get in. How do I stop them from coming in.

Abey, NY

Try moth balls. I don't know if they help with snakes, but it's worth a shot!

By Jessica (Guest Post)

OMG! I would have to MOVE!

Are these snakes ONLY found in the bedroom? That too me sounds strange.

If the house is old, you may need to pull up the carpet and make sure there are no cracks in the floor. Snakes can come in the smallest cracks.

My aunt got snakes in her laundry room. They came in the dryer vent that led outside.

Good Luck!

I would also suggest moth balls too.

ziggee

By lucinda (Guest Post)

I use moth balls------around the outside also!
I live in Florida, and I live in the woods! It works!!

snake away is a sulfur based product, I don't know about moth balls but sulfur keeps them away. sprinkle outside the home ...and under if you can.

I wonder if they are after food of some sort. usually thats the only way you will have snakes.. you may have another problem that your unaware of. Dee

By Shelia H (Guest Post)

My husband was bite by a snake inside our house. We don't know if the snake is still inside our house or not. What can we do to make sure the snake is gone or is there any signs we can look for to tell whether the snake is still inside or not? My husband has put rid a snake inside the house and glue traps.

By Alicia (Guest Post)

I live in Denver CO. and I'm having a major problem with garter snakes. I killed one in the backyard. Then one got inside. It was just by the front screen door and was able to get it back into the grass, but now I'm freaking out! Can they kill a dog? I have a small westie dog and I don't want anything to happen to her. Does that sulfur work? Is it harmful to dogs? Please I could use some help!

By Tina (Guest Post)

OMG! We just found a FIVE FOOT LONG black snake in our bedroom! He was lounged on MY NIGHTSTAND which is right next to my head! He had curled his tail around the phone. Luckily, I was not in the room but I would have had a heart attack if I had woken up to that! We have a window air conditioner which has about a 1/2 inch gap in the louver, could he have gotten in that way?

When we finally got the courage up to go back in the room, he was slithering under a dresser, there was someone on the phone saying hello? hello?

My step dad says maybe they just wouldn't let him use the phone where he lives, NOT FUNNY DAD! Can anyone tell me how he got in our house? Our bedroom is on the second floor no less!