AppliancesCleaning

Soot Stain in Microwave

Category Appliances

I tried to reopen an envelope by steaming it in the microwave. Stupid idea. I never gave it a thought though. it wasn't in long but went to ash! The soot stained the inside black and grey. I was able to clean off the loose soot and the dish, I used everything I could think of, ending up with baking soda wipe down. the stain goes from dark to light grey. Is the microwave ruined or can it be used? I can live with ugly for a while but is there any danger? Thanks for you attention.

Anne

By Robyne from OZ (Guest Post)

use a 1/3 of a lemon skin and all put in a cereal bowl and microwave for 3 mins on high. Gets sauce off of the sides when its stuck good and proper. after clean with a damp cloth. Cheers Robyne""

By Debbie (Guest Post)

The only danger I know of is metal, so unless the envelope was metallic, I can't imagine there would be any danger.