Cat Ruining Vertical Blinds?

How do I keep my cat from sitting on the windowsill and ruining my vertical blinds?

By d jackson from Wakefield, England

First keep the vertical blinds open far enough for no damage to occur until you have trained him/her (you don't say if this baby is a him or a her which gives me pause). Then, while you are sitting in the room(s), simply have a water bottle filled with water only set to jet stream and when the baby gets in the window give him/her a squirt or two or three but don't say anything or make any sudden movements while doing it. After a few times of this he/she will learn it's not pleasant to be in the window.

It is a cat's nature to sit in windows to look outside! I have verticals. I put a piece of wood, painted the same colour as the wall, behind the brackets that hold the verticals on the wall.

This extends them out from the window about 3 inches, so the verticals hang straight, and my cat can still sit in the window behind the drapes. You can't see the extensions because the drapes cover them.

Pets CatsFebruary 17, 2010
🌻
😷
🎂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf69478305.tip.html