BirthdayParties

Ideas For A Mudsy-Sudsy Birthday Party

I found an idea for a Mudsy-Sudsy Party. Basically water, swimming, mud and/or sand pies and bubbles are involved. Since my son's birthday falls in Nov., I thought it would be a fun way to have his friends over during the summer. So I am looking for any ideas or suggestions for maybe some games and food, on a very low budget.

This would be kids under 7 yrs old.

Theresa from Mt. Olive, NC

Next weekend I am having a "Messy Party" for my to-be 4yr. old that sounds along the same lines. We plan on cooking, painting, and water fun.

First, I found aprons for $1.50 each at Hobby Lobby, the kids will be decorating them with paint and then the adults will iron on pockets from old blue jeans to make pockets.

After that the kids are going to "paint" with Jello. I have saved styrofoam egg cartons for a palette for each child. I am going to give them each a red, yellow, and blue packet of jello. Then they can mix the powder and add water to make different colors.

Once the aprons are dry, the kids are going to put them on along with some chefs hats I made (www.familyfun.com has the article on how to easily make them) and make their own pizzas. I am going to make the dough ahead of time and the kids get to top it.

After eating pizzas they get to make their own ice cream sundaes.

For favors I have saved the canisters from my daily Slim-fast breakfasts and have covered them with wall paper. Each child gets the canister, a paint brush, egg carton, jello packets, wooden spoon, chef hat, and apron as a favor...they get everything they need for the party. All and all, I have spent about $2-3 per kid on favors. Any maybe $5-10 each total after buying pizza and ice cream toppings.

For cheaper aprons, you could cut an adult tee-shirt up the sides and sew ribbon on so the kids could tie it on.

Other messy ideas I had:
-make a lot of jello jigglers and put them into a baby pool, let the kids imaginations do the rest.

-shaving cream and food coloring. Maybe make up a game with water guns to "shoot" off shaving cream hats or "apples".

-serve spaghetti for the meal, but don't use utensils.

Really, I think anything that lets kids gets really messy will be a lot of fun and doesn't have to cost anything. A bucket of dirt and a hose would make for a great party.

Have fun!

FUN! Thanks for the ideas!

I think that water balloons are always a big hit! So are bubbles!