Bunny Plant Poke
Create a cute bunny from a wooden spoon and insert it into a plant or bouquet of flowers at Easter.
Approximate Time: about 30 minutes
- wooden spoon
- white and pink acrylic paint
- foam brush or paint brush
- small tip paint brush
- fine point black marker
- white chenille stem
- ribbon scraps
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Paint wooden spoon with white acrylic paint and allow to dry.
- On the back side of the spoon, use a pencil to draw the bunny's face. I drew a small heart for the nose.
- Then use a fine point marker and draw over the pencil lines for the face except for the nose.
- Paint the nose pink and allow to dry. Use a toothpick and small amount of white acrylic paint to add a dot to each eye for highlights.
- Cut a chenille stem in half, then cut one of the halves into two pieces. Save the other half for another project. Bend each of the two pieces to create bunny ears and glue to the back of the bunny's head.
- Tie a small bow from a ribbon scrap and glue just below one ear. Use another small piece of ribbon to tie around the spoon handle (the bunny's neck).
- Place bunny into a plant or vase of flowers.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!