Keeping Bra Straps From Slipping

How do I keep bra straps from sliding off my shoulders?

By Sharon from AL

Best Answer

I had the same problem; it's from having shoulders that slope downward instead of out. Bali makes a great set of silicone wing shaped thingies that you slip your strap into and they stay in place. They are about 6 or 7 dollars a set and worth every cent.

The other thing to look for when you get a new bra is to see if, on the back, the straps are more toward the center and not the ends. It doesn't have to be like a sports bra, just a little more toward the center-it makes a huge difference. Now that I know that, I only have to use my silicone things on old bras that have straps more toward the outside. Hope that helps!

Best Answer

Some bras have little rings on them where the bra strap is attached. I take a piece of elastic and sew it to one ring and then to the other (across the back), making it small enough in length to pull the straps slightly to the center. I had bought some of those from Bali too but they are expensive for what you get. So when I make them, I just go by the ones I got from Bali to make the correct length. I can't give you a correct length here because we all have different sizes. I hope I made it clear. If not send me a message and I will try and clarify.

Safety pins

There is a gadget which is sold by cvs and other drug stores, and I believe you can use it on most bras. It keeps the straps together in the back kind of like a sports bra design. Sorry I don't know the price.