FloorsCleaning

Tire Marks on Linoleum Floor

Category Floors

How do I remove black car tire marks from linoleum floor in my caravan. I left the spare tire in the caravan for a few weeks and when I removed it, it left the black rubber imprint on the lino floor. I have tried a few things but it has not changed.

By Robert Teece from Australia

Buff with toothpaste (regular, not gel) on a rag, or rub with a tennis ball (really).

I have found that nail polish remover will remove black marks from many different surfaces. I don't keep track of what I use it on, just use it a lot to remove black marks. Guess you don't have anything to lose by trying it, lol. Just try a really small out-of-the-way spot first to be sure it doesn't cause any damage. Good luck.

When we were getting new tires and there were black marks from soles of shoes on the floor, my husband removed them by pressing down and moving his foot in a circular twisting motion and the black marks came right off. I've used that method under my kitchen table too. You could see if that would work on the tire mark.