Covering Existing Embroidery On a Shirt

I have a black knit shirt that has a company logo embroidered on it. The logo is about 4" tall, and is approximately in the shape of an upside-down pyramid/triange. I would like to cover up the logo so I can wear the shirt without being a walking advertisement. Any suggestions?

Lynne

Lynne- If the embroidery goes all the way through the shirt, you can simply (and carefully) undo it from the underside. It that's the case, just be careful not to clip the actual shirt thread but rather the embroidery thread. Hope that helps! :)

By Jean (Guest Post)

Try finding a decorative patch that you do like, and covering it. That way at least you'll be wearing something you like. Decorative patches are available from fabric/craft stores.

By Jeneene (Guest Post)

I've done this many times...just go over it carefully with a black Sharpee marker. Should make it disappear. I've even done it on black leather walking shoes to make them look more like regular shoes.

Any permanent black marker will do. Sharpees are easy to find and definitely permanent

My Mom very gently takes the stitching of the embroidered emblem off her shirts, tote bags, etc.