Remember Three Words For Passwords

I have given this lots of thought and have figured out a simple way to have a unique password for every site I visit with only needing to remember 3 words.

I have a word for sites that deal directly with my money, for example my bank account and Paypal. I have a word for dealing with web accounts where I spend money, like eBay and Amazon. And I have a word for all the generic websites I visit like ThriftyFun.

Pick a common word you can remember and geekify it. For example the name Mike could easily be spelled m!K3 using the exclamation point as an upside down "i" and the number 3 for a reversed E. The option of reversing case is up to you, the name Mike could just have easily been M!k3.

Now, take the name of the website you are visiting and take at least 2 letters from the website name. In the case of ThriftyFun you can take TF and add it to the end of your word. So if we are using Mike, our password would at this point be m!K3TF. However, that is only 6 characters and most websites prefer a longer password, so I add one number for each letter of the website I used. So my password for ThriftyFun would be m!K3TF12.

If I was making a password for Amazon my preference might be the first and last letter for a one word website. But my preference is actually to use the vowels of the site name. So my unique password for Amazon would be m!K3aAO123. So my general websites' passwords for these sites would be:
Amazon m!K3aAO123
eBay m!K3ea12
Office Max m!K3om12

My bank is Home Federal I use a different method for it because it is direct access to my money. I use the whole name, but I substitute all vowels with numbers, the first vowel is 1 the second 2 etc. h1M2f3D4R5L. I could have used the same method as before with a different word like the word mantis M@NT!5 with the letters of the bank hf and the number 12 so the whole password would be M@NT!5hf12.

And my third password is in the same vein, I just made it unique so it is used less often. It takes a minute to think about your password, but you have a unique password for every site and you have your method of remembering what your passwords are.

Source: IT professional dealing with people writing their passwords on sticky notes and putting them on their computer in plain site. :/

By Suntydt from Tazewell, TN