Making Three Strand Thick Crocheted Slippers
Using a half double crochet stitch and three strands of yarn you can make a pair of these child's cozy slippers. This is a page about three strand thick crocheted slippers
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These cozy slippers are crocheted with a Q hook and 3 strands of yarn. They will fit girls size 3-4 best. If you can half double crochet, you can make these!:)
Total Time: About 1 1/2 hours
- 100 yards or less of 3 colors each, #4 worsted weight yarn
- "Q" hook
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- Working with your three strands, ch 3, join.
- Ch 2, 9 hdc in ring, join to your first ch 2.
- Ch 2, 1 hdc in each stitch around, join to your first ch 2.
- Repeat last row 4 times more, for a total of 6 rows up to this point. You have just made the toe area of your slipper.
- You will now make the heel area of your slipper. Ch 2, work 1 hdc in each of the next 7 stitches.
- Ch 2, turn. 1 hdc in each of the next 7 stitches.
- Repeat the last step 2 times more for a total of 4 heel rows.
- Placing the outsides of the heel together, line up the heel ends.
- Work 3 sc through both thicknesses, and fasten off.
- You will now attach your yarn with a sc at the back of the heel. Work 11 more sc around the opening for a total of 12 sc.
- Ch 1, work a sc in the NEXT stitch and each around for a total of 11 sc. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- All set.
- Stay warm.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.