Making Slippers for a Baby Doll
Making warm and cozy slippers for a baby doll can be a simple and cute project. This is a guide about making slippers for a baby doll
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Shauna Smith Duty0 found this helpful
November 21, 2005
This simple no-sew project promises to keep a baby doll's feet toasty during winter months. You can do this project in conjunction with the babydoll blanket for a original gift set that little girls will treasure.
What you'll need:
- 2 - 6 inch squares of fleece in a solid color, pastels or white work best
- 2 rubber bands
- 4 small beads
- 2- 10 inch lengths of 1/4 inch satin ribbon
- Roll the outside corners of one square of fleece inward so that two rolls meet in the center.
- Fold one end of the roll inward so that the ends are uneven by 1 inch.
- Fold both ends back again and secure them with a rubber band.
- Spread the outer pocket of the longer end out to form a bunny face.
- Twist the face and ears so that they will sit upward when the doll's foot is inserted into the slipper.
- Unroll the body of the bunny to form the sole of the slipper.
- Tie a satin ribbon around the bunny's neck to hide the rubber band, and sew or glue two beads onto the face as eyes.
- Repeat to make the second slipper.
By guest (Guest Post)
November 22, 20050 found this helpful
I will be using this for Christmas for my own two daughters - and I have a feeling for several gifts, too! Thanks for a cute, inexpensive, professional idea!!!!