CatsPets

April The Cat

I adopted this cutey from a local shelter. She had gone through 4 homes and had been mistreated in just the first year of her life. When we found each other in the shelter she was 6 pounds and in pretty rough shape. So began our journey together 5 years ago. Now she naps when she likes, is constantly with me, has lots of toys and most of all has this human who loves her very much.

The day I took this picture of April she'd just awakened from one of her many cat naps and I was telling her how special she is to me. She looked up, so attentive it seemed, to my words and started to purr. Fortunately for once I had the camera in the drawer right beside me. The result is the picture I have chosen to share. She is a wonderful testament to how love brings about wholeness and life, for both of us. I'm so Blessed and thankful we found each other at that shelter on that day.

By Kathy

So glad you found each other!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Look at this kitty's eyes. You can see the love April has for you Kathy. Just another one of "those miracles" when we find one another. It happens too often to be just a coincidental occurance. So often, it's "love at first sight" and it seems to be just as strong and lasting as for two humans. I choose to believe in this.

Thank you for sharing April and your story with us.

Pookarina

Reply Like this photo? Yes

April has the look of love on her face. You are both so lucky you found each other.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

How great that April has such a loving home! She is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Such a beautiful cat!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

April The Cat

April is 11 years old. She is a a beautiful mix. She likes to eat and walk around with her brother - the real dog.

By Laurie from Mont Tremblant, Quebec

Answers:

April The Cat

Beautiful cat! (02/23/2010)

By Susan Mercurio