Use Rope To Deter Snakes

To get rid of any snake, use sisal rope. Put it where you don't want the snake. Because of the soft underbelly of the snake, it will not cross over the rope. This is an old cowboy trick handed down by my family.

My husband had been plagued by snakes in his shop for about a year now. I finally remembered this and since he has put the rope around doors and places where they come in, he has not had any snakes in his shop. He did average about three a week.

By Lynn from Dallas, TX

I've watched garters go over the cactus in my front yard so not so sure they can't handle rope.

I thought snakes hibernated in the winter. It is Dec 6th and I just had the heck scared out of me a few min ago when I saw my little dog trying to catch something out side. I went out there and saw a garter snake next to my house. I got 2 big sticks and tossed it out of my yard. I am very afraid of snakes and I can't stand them. Also I don't want my little dog to get hurt. When do these things hibernate?