Cats in Flower Beds

What will keep cats from peeing in my flower beds?

Best Answer

I would plant some coleus canina it is also called scare the cat plant. They do not like the smell of it nor do dogs the plant puts off the smell of a tom cat. But is not detected by our noses just their's. There are also sprays that are marketed to keep animals away but they have to be applied over and over again. Coleus canina is an annual so you plant it in the spring each year and your problem is solved.

You're gonna think I'm crazy. But I have a cat. And I don't appreciate him getting into my thornless blackberry bushes or my raised vegetable beds. In fact, no varmints are welcomed. A very old remedy, and believe me.

It works. I collect first morning's urine from my husband, via one of the plastic Folgers Instant Coffee jars. The urine is distributed around the areas where they're not welcomed, very thin line along the way. Also, keeping the first inch or two of soil moist tends to turn them off.

Cayenne pepper. Replace after watering

Garden hose on spray when I see one enter the yard. Also could put a watering hose, not the leaking one, one with more spray up on it. Leave it on trickle about 6 inches high. Cats and water do not mix.

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlAugust 3, 2010
📓
🌻
🎂