BirdsPets

Pet Birds Not Laying Eggs in Nest

I have three finches, one goulian, and two cordon blues. They all get along. One of the two blue cordons laid two eggs before I put in a nest. I put the nest up and one of the cordon blues go in and out but still no more eggs. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

By linda from Kerrvile, TX

Mine did too and the eggs hatched in the bottom. Just make sure they have nesting material.

They do have nesting material, found out from a friend to give them more protein/and worms.

I had zebra finches and they did the same thing until someone told me I was putting the wrong type of nest in there. Try using a different type of nest and see if that helps. Also when I put the nesting material in, I attached it to the sides of the cage instead of putting it on the bottom. They came and picked off what they wanted and took it to the nest. Before I knew it I had eggs, and then hatchlings in there! I ended up with 7 (there were 5 eggs and all hatched) beautiful little birds!