Red Clay Stains on Alencon Lace?

My sister-in-law has found her dream wedding dress on eBay, but it has stains on the alencon lace train from red clay. Can this be fixed? What would be the best way to clean them off? Thanks a bunch!

Casie

I know that Zest bar soap gets red clay stains off white baseball pants. Might be worth a try.

By Ivy (Guest Post)

will try the Zest bar soap, we have red clay stains on a lot of clothes and tennis shoes. Most of my daughters clothes are ruined from it. We are building a house and have red clay everywhere. When the rains came we had a lake of red clay.

If anyone has any other remedies that work I am sure we would appreciate it.

Anonymous

I used "white brite" (it smells awful), oxi-clean, and a fels-naptha soap bar. I soaked the red-clay stained uniform predilections of the white brite, then rinsed. The shirt was clean, but the pants were not. I then used the bar and soaked in the tub with oxi-clean. rinsed.

stain looked better, but not gone. Used bar again, pre-soaked in washing machine with oxo-clean and white brite combined (5 min) and let the machine go. All but a faint trace of the red clay came out. Used bar on the faint stains that were left and repeated the washing machine pre-soak and wash and they were clean.

Anonymous

I wonder since it has rust in clay if a rust remover would work?

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsMay 11, 2005
🌻
🐰
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf725867.tip.html