Removing Buildup on Marble Shower

There are stains are on the marble floor tiles in the shower. These are the really tiny ones. It is not protected, and I think it is soap, limescale, and grease.

By kim mcmahon from Buckingham, UK

Best Answer

You just better be careful what you use on that or you will ruin it and never be able to get that nice marble look again. Most cleaners etch the surface leaving it with a light white looking powdery finish that will not ever come out.

I have tried many many things others have recommended for hard water residue remover on marble pool tiles. I ruined most using them. I spent big bucks on products that didn't work. Finally I tried just plain hot white vinegar and that was the best product. After it was removed, I used some Johnson and Johnson's Paste Wax over the surface of every tile in that pool for protection and to this day, they look spanking new still! Just be careful.

LA's Awesome keeps mine sparkling clean for $2/gallon at Walmart.

The best thing I can tell you is to get out the Scrubbing Bubbles for Tub and Tile. Use it really well with a stiff brush, let it set a bit according to directions, then wash off and don't let it continue to go without being protected!

You can use bleach and water mixture as well, but the Scrubbing Bubbles is much easier, less scrubbing with a toothbrush!