Microwaved Dried Green Onions

I first chop the onions in small rings (the same size I would use in a recipe), layer between sheets of paper toweling, put in the microwave for intervals of 30 seconds until they seem dry, then place them in small freezer bags. When I want to use some in a recipe, I just scoop out what is required and put the rest of the bag into the freezer. They keep their bright green colour and taste as well.

By Elayne from Dalhousie, Nova Scotia

I love this idea Elayne. Thank you for posting it. I would never have thought of it. I am going to try it with the last of the chives from my garden. Thank you for posting it!

Thanks for this tip. I always plant lots of green onions and that is a way to have them for recipes in the winter months.
Harlean from Arkansas

🌻
👒
👔
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf72813926.tip.html