Dusty Rose Carpet?

I need a paint color to go with a dusty rose carpet.

Laurie from Alberta, Canada

Laurie, what color do you like? Would you like to have a monocromic scheme by staying in the rose hue? I had rose colored carpet and painted the walls in a similar color and it was just too much! You could choose any color; a sage green, a navy blue, grey would look nice too. What color furniture do you have? Which room is it that you are going to paint? Do you have any fabric in the room that you like and could pull colors from it; a favorite pillow, drapes, or table cloth? You could take a paint swatch that matches your rose colored carpet and go to a fabric store and hold it up against different fabrics and see what colors they used to give you some ideas. When you do decide on a color some hardware stores offer little test pots of paint and you could paint test patches of a few colors and see what you like the best before settling on one color! Good luck with your decorating!

Taupe, it goes with everything and really warms up a room.

By rosa (Guest Post)

Go to the hardward paint dept. or your local paint store, and get a bunch of the little color charts they have, bring them home and lay them on your carpet till you find the color you like.

By julia (Guest Post)

I had this color in my bedroom growing up. My walls were a cream color, and my trim was white.

My room was accented in rose, sage green, and taupe colors. I also had a quilt that had those colors. It was so pretty.

By LRP (Guest Post)

depending on the lighting and room i would suggest either burgundy or light gray

By Petrina (Guest Post)

Home Depot carries Behr "icing rose", which has a sight rose tone to the walls. I love the way my antique rose chair looks in this room, yet it's not overwhelmingly pink.
I hope this helps,
Petrina

This is a few years too late but recently purchased a property with dusty rose carpet. Unfortunately, all the appliances and just about everything else had to be replaced so there was no cash left for the flooring.

I am using a color called Celery Sticks by Glidden; it contrasts quite nicely.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceDecember 4, 2006
😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf72931741.tip.html

Paint Color AdviceDecorating