Solutions for Slippery Ceramic Tile Floor

I have a ceramic floor that became very slippery all of a sudden. I have tried degreasers, etc., but nothing helps. What can I do?

Roberta from Boca Raton, FL

I don't know if my solution worked for ceramic tile, but it worked like a dream on my linoleum tile. I use a refillable spray bottle (found in our local Wal-mart's Health & Beauty Dept for 99 cents) for my canola oil instead of Pam spray. Last time I refilled my bottle, I made a HUGE mess when the bigger bottle slipped out of my hands and landed on the floor. Yuck!

Once we sopped up as much of the spill as we could with paper towels, the floor was still extremely greasy. We're on a fixed income, so couldn't afford commercial degreaser. It occurred to us that our dish washing liquid is touted for its greas-busting ability, so we decided to try that. We squeezed a generous amount straight on the floor, then pulled out the mop and a bucket full of hot water to rinse. After the second (lighter) application, no more slips!

Sprinkle baking soda on it and let stand for a few hour and sweep up and mop it should absorb any thing slick on floor.

First of all, you need to make sure you are cleaning your ceramic tile frequently and properly, or it can significantly contribute to the ceramic tile being too slippery. Use the tile cleaning solution and scrub the floor with a brush on an extended handle. Then use a wet and dry vacuum to pick up all the dirty water.

For Slippery problem. There's a solution you can buy and apply that makes floors non-slip. I can't remember what it was called but I bought it from a tile shop and was suitable for ceramic and linoleum flooring. Good luck.