Cleaning "Dry Clean Only" Clothing at Home

I have some dresses that require dry cleaning. I would like to know how to do that work in home conditions?

By marita from Shkoder, Albania

Depends upon the piece of clothing. Many silk pieces are marked "dry clean only" when you can actually hand wash them carefully. If your jackets/sweaters/coats need freshening up, try Febreze or a similar fabric spray.

Another suggestion - check into the "Dryel" product (I believe it is a Procter and Gamble product) that you can buy at the grocery store or discount store and use in your dryer. I've not used it for any kind of set-in stains, but it works well for refreshing and de-wrinkling "dry clean only" garments at home.

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingJanuary 6, 2011
🎄
🎉