MeatFood Tips

Help with cooking chicken

Category Meat

How can I keep chicken from bleeding while I am frying it? Blood seeps from the joints as it cooks. Not good!!

Mary from Missouri

By Another Mary from Mo. (Guest Post)

Mary, several weeks back I submitted a tip on cleaning meat. The old receipes used to say(draw meat) and it means to clean any meat by soaking in a salty water bath. About 1/2 cup to a large bowl of cold water. You can also put a couple of table spoonsfull of white vinegar to kill any bacteria on it. 1st. wash off on cool tap water then put in salt and water. You are going to be shocked at what you see in the water. Let soak 10-20 min,s or in the refrigeratur over night. Chicken and pork are the dirtiest, Also, some meat it dipped in a liquid ice (or use to be) which needs to be removed by- yes - salt and water.

Your chicken might still -bleed?- when you cook it but that really is the heat cookin the blood out of the bone. Never eat any meat that is still bloody or pink. Besides do you REALLY know how it was treated. Always cook well and clean the meat before cooking.

I don't see any peoblem. I think it's just a natural part of the cooking process and it will all cook up at the end. I think it's a sign that the chicken was fresh, anyway.-- bobbydee