Duck Recipes

Does anyone have a recipe for duck, one that doesn't taste gamey? Thank you.

By Jan from Cincinnati, OH

Soak the duck in 1/2 cup vinegar & enough water to cover it over night. Drain then cook as you like, search for duck recipes online, good luck.

Trim duck fat that is excessive. You can save the fat and do other things with it, but that's a whole 'nother recipe! :-)

Place duck in a sealable bag along with one medium red onion sliced, 2 celery ribs, cut in large pieces and one carrot chunked. Add two cups of dry white wine, 1 tsp of salt, pepper 1/4 tsp. Place in the refrigerator overnight, turning several times to marinate well.

Remove duck from bag and discard wine mixture. Stuff the duck with fresh red apples, peels left on, cut into 8ths along with one medium red onion chunked. Add 1 Tbsp butter.

Tie the legs, and place duck on its back in a glass or corningware baking dish. Add 1/2 cup of apple juice PLUS if desired 1/2 cup of Apple Jack brandy, pouring over the duck. Sprinkle duck lightly with salt, pepper and if desired garlic and/or onion powder.

Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the duck without it touching bone. Cover the bird with aluminum foil to tent. Bake at 325 degrees until thermometer notes temp for poultry.

Baste at least 3 times.

If duck leg moves easily, then it is done.

Serve with parslied, buttered potatoes and a green salad for a perfect meal.

My ex was an avid duck hunter. He would filet the breast out and I would dredge them in a seasoning mix and wrap them in bacon. I would then grill them for about 15 to 20 minutes. When they were done, I would unwrap them, eat the bacon, and throw the duck away.

I am looking for a good recipe for a duck. This year will be the first time I have ever cooked one, so if anyone has a few recipes lying around it would really help me out.

Thank you.
Sherry from Wasilla, AK

Answers:

Duck Recipes

When I cook it, I just roast in a large pan with spices such as paprika, pepper, and garlic. I roast it for about 1 hour. (12/21/2006)

By patg

Duck Recipes

I roast duck at least 2 hours, at 325 degrees F. Place garlic clove and diced onions inside the duck for flavor. A little orange juice basted on the skin just before it is fully cooked gives a nice flavor. Enjoy.

Sharon L from Canada (12/23/2006)

By Sharon L