Using an Established Mechanic

Consumers can lose lots of money yearly, by taking their vehicles to unestablished garages and mechanics, on unneeded and poorly done repairs. Before you need repairs, look for a mechanic who is: certified & well established, who has done car repairs for someone you know, and who communicates well about repairs, options and cost.

By Terri H.

My husband has been a mechanic for over 20 years. He has had to fix alot of problems caused by other mechanics. Mostly to cars brought in by women. So if at all possible get your husband, brother or a trusted friend to go with you when you take the car in and when you pick it up. You will have a much better experience.

By wendee (Guest Post)

Check out http://www.angieslist.com
Hopefully your city will be listed and you can get some good ideas of who to take your car to for repairs.

By NavyMom (Guest Post)

I have used cartalk.com to find a mechanic for my daughter stationed in San Diego. It's hard to diagnose car trouble long distance and I was tired of the dealer mark-ups on parts and labor.

Lots of mechanics I know listen to their radio show "Click & Clack". Very trust worthy and cartalk.com comes highly recommended in the car industry.