CasserolesRecipes

Cabbage and Ham Pie With Biscuit Dumpling Crust

My aunt says her mom used to make the best "cabbage pie", they all looked forward to leftovers when they had ham because they knew this was next on the menu! But she can't remember everything in it or how to make it. She says she's never seen a recipe for anything like it.

I'm hoping this group of fantastic, knowledgeable people can help me out! Aunt Wanda says Grannie used her biscuit recipe to make dumplings that formed the "crust" and the filling had cabbage and ham in it.

Grannie's family was from the KY/TN area and she said there was "black dutch" in the family, so maybe it's Dutch or German? But she also spent many years in FL, so could be from that area, too.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

By Judy = Oklahoma from Tulsa, OK

You might want to try allrecipes.com or cooking.com They helped me when I was looking for danish recipes. Also about.com has a very large number of recipes too. Good Luck. I hope this helps.

Another one to try is recipezaar.com. I would venture to say that she probably made a white sauce to the ham and cabbage mixture.

She may have precooked the cabbage a bit till wilted before she put mixture in.