Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Painting Advice for a House With Brown Trim

I have an open floor planned house and am in the process of painting the interior. Whatever color I choose, I have to paint the living room, kitchen and hallway. We have dark brown trim, medium brown cabinets and wood floor. Our furniture is a dark red. Besides a cream color, any ideas?

Thanks!
Darcy

Yellow might work - Pale if you want subtle, bright if that's your preference. I'm partial to a soft buttery color if you've got lots of light.

By christi (Guest Post)

why the same color? my sister in law has a huge room as you walk in the front door they use as office/ dining area. so she made a diagonal line where the two rooms kinda divide and painted one side one color the other side different. now I am not going to suggest either color because omg she has weird taste. one side is green the other orange and leads into living room with huge doorway and it is painted yellow. we call it her dr seuss house lol. I dont really know any color to suggest I just wouldnt go with anything pale I think it would look hideous with the red furniture.

By (Guest Post)

Are you adventurous? Why not consider a shade of orange? Orange and red can be very complementary, and combining the 2 is very chic right now.

The browns that you describe would "ground" the 2 colors, and w/some accent colors like gold or yellow - or even green, you could make quite a statement!