Using Borax for Fleas

Having lost an entire litter of kittens due to fleas, I had to find a cheap way to rid my house of them. Just after my cat had a litter of 2 kittens, they too had fleas. A friend came to my rescue. She said to sprinkle borax over all carpeted area. Though I was skeptical, I was willing to try anything. I purchased the borax from fishing supplies. They use it to cure salmon eggs for fishing lures. And, it is very inexpensive, cost just $6.00 for a 5 lb. bag. That was enough for a large living room and 2 bedrooms with some left over.

You do have to wear a mask as you do this, since the dust is bad. Sprinkle it over all carpet areas pretty heavily. Don't miss areas under furniture. Then sweep or drag your feet over the powder until you work it into the carpet (This causes the dust). If animals cannot get under furniture you don't need to work it in. That is all you need to do. Within the month my house was not only free of flees, but it lasted for years.

Animals might still bring in fleas when they go outside, but when it jumps onto the carpet it still kills the fleas and their eggs. I was flea free since 2000. This year I did have to redo it. And no fleas again. I just couldn't afford the higher prices sprays or professional treatments.

Source: A friend who's brother is into homeopathics

By Bev from Longview, WA

11 Questions

What do you do with your pets when using the borax? I have three cats with fleas.

By Kathy C

Answers

So glad you posted this, as I to have 3 animal with fleas, I have tried every product. I have been vacing every day and spraying the carpet, flea check every day, poor moon has so much chemicals on her, that I am surprised she is not glowing. I am so going to give this a try.

2 to 2 and a half cups dry Borax for each room. I like a collander sift. Leave for 2 weeks before you Vacuum. Cedercide granules for yard.

I just got rid of the fleas on my indoor only cats and did not use borax, this took a little longer but my cats were ok. I got 3 boxes of iodized salt or the cheapest salt available and poured it in my hand and broadcast it everywhere including under the bed couch etc. left it and also threw baking soda out the same way. I buy it in the big bag in the pool section. and leave till next time I vacuum (there are only 2 of us and I vacuum 2 times a week) after vacuuming I redo the salt and then after vacuuming the next time I do the baking soda. At the end of the first month the fleas were gone. Oh by the way i did have to treat for fleas my 2 small dogs that went in and out and were the carriers for the indoor fleas. Now no fleas.

Answer this Question

How do I control fleas using borax?

By missy from Jax, FL

Answers

You don't have to pay money for a guide... there's a good one here for free:
www.9and3quarters.com/tips.php
It really works, btw!

what a stunning cat!x

Answer this Question

This is a page about borax vs. salt for fleas. Choosing the most effective, natural product to get rid of fleas can be confusing. It can also be frustrating if your first choice fails.

Sand Flea on sand

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I would like information on killing fleas with borax.

How do you apply borax to carpet to kill fleas?

I had fleas that continually got more widespread. I sprinkled 20 Mule Team borax powder all over my porch (where the fleas were) very liberally. It looked like snow. I could see a small difference that afternoon.

Now is the time to rid your house with natural products. Save a bundle. Mostly, be kind to your animals.

I have had my boxers on Frontline PLUS but it doesn't seem to be working. My female boxer just had 2 pups which are two weeks old.

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

In These Pages
Home and Garden Pest Control FleasJune 11, 2016
🎃
🌻
🎂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf747531.tip.html