TravelTravel and Recreation
To Top

Passports Required For Air Travel To Canada and Mexico

I just read an article in the L.A. Times reminding me that if you are going to Canada or Mexico by air, you need a passport now. And what's more - new passports, even renewals are now taking 4 months plus to go through! I've let mine lapse, ugh - so it's another thing to do. So if you plan to do any traveling, get your passport in order NOW to avoid having to pay extra for getting your paperwork expedited.


By pamphyila from Los Angeles

Editor's Note: As of June 8, 2007, travelers who are waiting for a passport but haven't received it yet can travel with a government issued photo ID and proof of application. This will be good through September 30, 2007.

Also you can still renew your old passport (if you got your passport within 15 years ago while over age 16 when it was issued and still have the same name), you can still get it replaced rather than going through the whole application process again.

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Travel and Recreation TravelJune 11, 2007
Polyphemus Moth
Polyphemus Moth Information and Photos
Parliament Building in Ontario, Canada
Ontario, Canada Frugal Travel Guide
A girl celebrating Canada Day.
Celebrating Canada Day
Cardinal in a tree.
Cardinal Information and Photos
Back to School Ideas!
Summer Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/08/22 12:35:12 in 711 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!