Restore Paint Brushes With Vinegar

When you have allowed your paint brushes to harden with paint on them, you can easily soften them by placing them in hot vinegar until paint loosens and the wash them in hot soapy water.

By Sandy A. from Graettinger, IA

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU!!!!!! FOR THIS TIP. BEEN DOING ALOT OF QUICKIE REMOD TO MY HOME AND YOU GUESSED IT PAINTING. THOUGHT FOR SURE I'D RUINED A COUPLE EXPENSIVE BRUSHES.

thank you so much for this tip...i just threw out a couple brushes because the paint hardened on them and couldn't get it out...i'm surely going to pass this on to all my contacts...

Suggest you obtain the patented "Multipurpose Paint Roller " it paints and cleans brushes with the minimum of water and paint cleaning spirits.You will not have to keep buying new brushes that have harden with old paint. So keep the vinegar for the "French Fries". Harden brushes never do a good decorating task as you will find that the brushes lose the odd hairs into the paintwork.Good Luck!

You don't say if this is for oil based paint or latex. I am guessing it is probably oil based paint though.

I keep my brushes in the freezer if I am not through using them, and will need them the next day. I just put them in clingwrap and take them out of the freezer about half an hour before I need them. This is for Latex or water based paint. I rarely use oil based any more.

Crafts PaintingJanuary 13, 2009
💘
🍀