GardenPhotos

Craft Project: Flowers for an ICU Patient

Category Garden

When my sister-in-law was in the ICU for an extended period, we weren't allowed to visit and she wasn't allowed to have flowers or gifts, but she did have a bulletin board, so I got a little creative with my get well wishes.

Approximate Time: 15 minutes

• Photo paper
  • Card Stock
  • Tape

Instructions:

Take a (digital) photo of flowers in your yard, a pretty houseplant, or a bouquet at the grocery store. Since it was early spring, I just went to my lilac bush and found this fine yellow fellow snacking away. Print it out at 5 x 7 inches. Trim if needed and attach to card stock. Write your message in the border. Optional Method: Use your photo editing program to put a colored background behind your subject and type your message right on it as shown here. Save as a jpeg and print it out.

By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA

Flowers for the ICU Patient

That's a terrific idea and (I think) so much better than a purchased card...although those are very welcome also. This shows you were thinking about the person for quite awhile and willing to put some work into a presentation. I've spent a fair amount of time in hospitals looking at white walls and would really have appreciated this effort from ANYBODY!!

Hi,
This brings back to mind what I did a few years ago for an elderly friend that was recooperating after a fall. She was in a care facility. I decorated the little bulletin board in her room with silk flowers and when she received cards they were placed on the board. She received alot of compliments from this creation.

This is a great Idea due I was an ICU and I am now an Onocology nurse and flowers are a no no due to reduced immune systems and the bacteria on the flowers and a lot of flowers get in the way of caring for a patient. What a wonderful way to show you care and brighten up a room!