WildlifePhotos

Wildlife: Wild Turkey (Santa Barbara, CA)

contest winner icon

I had gone out of the house to the front to pick up my morning newspapers when lo and behold, straight down the sidewalk came 2 beautiful wild turkeys strutting along! I was quite near them. They allowed the photo, then moved to the neighbors and flew up on their roof. What a fantastic sight.

We live in the foothills and see various forms of wildlife often: opossums, raccoons, snakes, birds, lizards, and now turkeys. Well, how appropriate this week with Thanksgiving 2011 very near. It was a thrill for this observer of wildlife!

By Bob35 from Santa Barbara, CA

Wow Bob, that is something to seem them so close to civilization. I recently watched a show on tv where a fellow was a "mom" to a whole bunch of wild turkeys who had lost their mom.

They followed him everywhere and eventually decided they had to be on their own. But it took a long time. He got very attached to them. It was a most interesting show.

Reply Like this photo? Yes