Getting Rid of Moss in the Yard?

We have an entire area by a large evergreen that does get sun, but the moss has taken over the grass. I don't want to use chemicals because we have dogs and the kids play out there. As pretty green as it is and the weeds don't grow in it, I would much rather have green grass.

By Lisa

Best Answer

I wish I had your Moss! I let it grow where ever it will. If moss is happy there grass probably won't be and you will wind up with dirt and roots. You can 'scrape' it with a flat edge shovel to remove and then spray with Round Up etc. or vinegar if you don't want to buy expensive weed killer. I would say keep it and let the kids have a soft green carpet to play on.

Home and Garden Gardening LawnApril 21, 2012
😎
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf75672006.tip.html