Getting Rid of Moss in Lawn

How can I kill moss in the lawn?

By Rick S

Best Answer

There's no moss killer available where I live (Northern Calif) so I'm using a bow rake and raking it off each weekend. Comes up easy. Also aerated the lawn to make sure water goes where it needs to, and shortened watering to 2 min 3 times a week. We have clay soil.

You can try vinegar but be careful not to get it on any other vegetation as it will kill that as well. I sprayed it full strenght and it killed the moss and some grass. Those areas are still brown after several weeks. I also found a product at wal-mart in the garden section that worked very well in just killing the moss.

I don't recall the name but it came in a dark green bag and had moss killer on the outside. It cost about 10 bucks. Some people have told me lime will work but it has'nt for me.

Home and Garden Gardening LawnMay 2, 2012
🍀
💘