Heidi (Border Collie)

Our beloved Border Collie, "Heidi" was one of the most gentle and loveable souls I have ever encountered. She has passed on, peacefully from old age.

I found her at the local supermarket, starving, ignored and abused (kicked and hit with rocks) by some local residents and their children.

Heidi loved to take quick dips in a nearby pond. She smiled, always, and loved to nurture other strays we took in, be it cat, kitten, dog, puppy, even injured birds my children took home to me.

Heidi, I believe was the re-incarnated soul of my be-lated daughter who died 19 1/2 years ago after being born 4 months early, weighing only 1 pound. She soon passed away, at 7 and 1/2 months of age. Yet years later after much grieving, Heidi came into our lives and we were awed by her presense, to say the least.

By Ursula from Navajo Reservation, Az.

Heidi (Border Collie)Heidi (Border Collie)

Heidi is beautiful-(That's also my daughter's name!) May she rest in peace until you see her again waiting for you at the end of the rainbow bridge....

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your description of how Heidi was hit and kicked by uncaring people made my eyes prickle with tears. I know what I'd like to do to THEM!
Heidi was indeed beautiful, you were blessed to have her, and she, you.
Ellie.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks for sharing your touching story. Heidi was indeed a very special dog. What a wonderful thing you did to rescue her. It sounds like she rescued you in many ways, too!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

How wonderful that you took Heidi in to your family.
She had a great life with you and the photos are
so cute. It seems she gave as much love as she got.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Heidi.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a pretty dog. So sorry for your loss! But you are a kind generous person for taking her in. I just cannot stand to see abuse in animals. It just breaks my heart! I know they are not the same but children who receive abuse can grow up and defend themselves eventually and good for them. Animals can never do that. They are always at our mercy. Just remember the good times and she will stay close in your heart

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a sad but, sweet story.Your doggie Heidi looks like a wonderful, loving dog.She was so lucky to have found you to take care of her.I actually don't believe in reincarnation but, I can tell you your daughter who died is waiting in heaven for you.So is your dog, Heidi. Remember this.........God made every living thing, animal or man with a spirit, that spirit will return to him who has made them. Yes, I too can not stand people who are cruel to animals, there will be a hot spot for them!!!!! :)

May God Bless you :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks for sharing your story and for rescuing Heidi. It sounds like you have rescued lots of critters, which is such a good and caring thing to do!

Reply Like this photo? Yes