Rubber Duck Baby Shower Centerpiece

I attended a baby shower last weekend and the hostess had the cutest centerpiece on the buffet food table. It was a shallow wide glass bowl which was filled up with water, and then she put the mini rubber duckies to float. As we got our food, we would take a rubber duckie to take home!

The rubber duckies are found on this site: http://www.orientaltrading.com and the item is #RUBBER DUCKY SQUIRTS

Item Number: IN-39/311

$4.95 per Dozen

By Pam

What a great idea! Really something different.

Toehead

I did some cute centerpieces for a baby shower using $1 small fishbowls. I cut out booties,ducks,etc from baby shower paper and decopaged them to the INSIDE so the design shown through.Paper gluestick dries clear.I filled them with candy and tied a couple of helium balloons onto it.Very inexpensive.

By Cathy (Guest Post)

I order the mini-rubber ducks for my daughter's baby shower. I had all intentions of putting them in clear bowls with a touch of blue food coloring. My 11 year old son decided to 'try them out' in water and what do you know...1/2 of them DON'T float!

They are too top heavy and fall to the sides. I may now do blue jello and stick them in. Still working on it.

We made blue punch ( which was a recipe for Sonic's "ocean water") & floated rubber duckies in the punch bowls. It was cute!