Home RemediesHealth & Beauty

Non-steroidal Itch Remedy

I have a reaction to some perfume and it itches on my neck. I went to the doctor. I do not want to take cortisone. It has steroids in it. I want something natural to to stop the itching. It is little fine bumps. When I get in the sun it itches. It is not spreading badly. It is itchy. Help stop the itch. Maybe then it will go away.

By Janet from NC

Not sure this will work. Try WD40. I had a hornet sting and it sure did help. Not sure why but it can't hurt. Or try apple cider vinegar. It might help reduce inflammation and dry out rash. Good luck.

Do you have access to an aloe vera plant? The gel is wonderful for instant relief of any itch, burn or whatever skin problem. I use it daily on my dog, Maggie, as she's scratching from the fleas. I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, so I can't use any kind of pesticides.

If you can take it try Benadryl. It works for me. It's also good if you have poison ivy,sumac or oak. It relieves the itching.

Anonymous

I rather doubt your doctor meant you to have to take an oral cortisone for this skin itch. There is over the counter 1% hydro-cortisone cream for anti-itch and it's completely safe. Hydro-cortisone for skin is nothing at all like oral steroid cortisones so you need not worry. It's also good for a variety of other skin irritations that are listed on the tube.

I highly recommend using natural essential oils instead of regular perfumes, that have all kinds of chemicals in them, since you obviously are allergic to something in the perfumes. All you need with essential oil is is to dot a drop or two on all your pulse points and one bottle of your favorite essential oil will last far longer than perfumes too. ;-)

If you need more help than those listed. I have had to resort to more help with a prescription, Hydroxyzine HCL. If all less fails ask your Dermatologist if this could help you too. Also he recommened an over the counter cream called CeraVe. It helps me. I hope you will get relief soon. GG Vi

I've tried Aloe Vera but I was thinking possibly try Tomato juice or an oatmeal paste. These would be temporary but they work for Poison Ivy, so maybe one of them would help for your itching. I feel for you, how frustrating. Hope something we post works for you

Try a weak solution of Bicarbonate of Soda (the stuff you cook with), helps to alleviate the itch of chickenpox if you chuck some in your bath water .

Marg from England.