Removing Window Tinting

We just bought a vehicle that has dark tint on the windows. We would like to remove the tint. What is the process for doing this?

By imblessed05 from WY

How do you remove window tinting?

By Argene from Fort Myers, FL

Answers:

Removing Window Tinting

Window tint is not applied with an adhesive so you should be able to start at one corner and peel it off. You could also look in the yellow pages under window tint and give those folks a call and ask for some instructions (11/11/2009)

By foxrun41

Removing Window Tinting

I removed window tinting from my husband's truck (it was starting to peel) by pulling of the tint sheet and then spreading peanut butter all over. I let sit for a least 3-4 hours and then washed off the peanut butter with hot soapy water. Then I cleaned with window cleaner. Hope this helps. (11/13/2009)

By msweed

Removing Window Tinting

I removed the tint off my teenager's car with a razor blade in the motor vehicle administration's parking lot. It took mostly elbow grease. (11/13/2009)

By bullfrogcorner

Removing Window Tinting

Do it the way they do it at the Tint Shop. Get a spray bottle. Put in some baby shampoo (you won't need much) and fill it with water. Solution should bubble in bottle. Making certain it's mixed well, spray the tint with the solution. Let sit for about 5 - 10 minutes. The tint will come off very easily. Re-apply the solution in difficult areas. Afterward, just wipe glass with a dampened washcloth or dishrag to remove solution. The result? Not only have you removed the tint, but you've also just cleaned the glass. Good luck. (11/14/2009)

By BredinTX