Removing Nail Polish Stain from Berber Carpet

How do I remove dark blue nail polish that spilled all over my beige Berber carpet?

Marquita

Best Answer

When my cat knocked down a glass tray from my dresser and broke a bottle of nail polish in the process, acetone took it all out without hurting the carpet. Of course, I don't know what condition the hardwood floor is in underneath, but hey, if I ever pulled up the carpet, the whole floor would have to be refinished anyway.

While I was painting my toe nails hot pink, I knocked the bottle over onto my beige carpeting. I did a quick internet search and found that shaving cream would clean it up. I figured I had nothing to lose. Spray some on and start dabbing with a cloth. It worked like magic!

I just spilled teal blue in my bedroom carpet. I jumped up and ran into my bathroom to get every cleaning product. Nothing worked. Then I jumped on my lap top and typed it up on ask.com and saw to use nail polish remover which I have very little of.

Too my surprise I read a blog where someone used windex and it worked better. It all came out! Yes. It works better than nail polish remover!

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetFebruary 13, 2009
📓
🌻
🎂