LawnGardening

Gasoline Killed the Grass

I have a condo and the people that mow the grass used a big lawn mower that leaked a lot of gasoline last fall. I noticed the grass was turning brown and this spring the grass was dead. I've replanted grass seed numerous times and it will not come up. What should I do to get grass to grow in these spots?

By Peggy Clark from Springboro, OH

Talk to the one that hired this person,let them know what's going on,they need to replace the gas tank,good luck.

Anonymous

Time would take care of the spots, although it would take a while. To take care of it yourself, you would need to dig up about 3 or 4 inches of the soil under each spill and dispose of it prior to repairing the grass at those spots.