Help With Name For Home Based Decorating Business

I am starting a home base business. I would like some help on a name. I will be doing interior decorating, party planning and seasonal decorating. I like flip flop contessa style but I am not sure if people will understand what my business is. Need some advice.

Lana l. from Ft. Worth, Texas

Best Answer

Flip Flop makes me think of shoes. I do not know much about decorating, but if Contessa is a style, then you should not use that name because it would make your customers think that you only do that style.

As far as helping you find a name, I'm sorry but I can't come up with anything. I can offer some key words, but I'm sure you already know them.

stylish, style, decor, embellish, adorn, beautify, garnish...
party, social, gala, masquerade, shower, mixer, soiree, tea, reception...there are a lot of words for party....party-line!

Hope something here helps.

Best Answer

What do you want people to think when they see your work? I used to do interior deorative painting. I named my business KoolRooms Wall Design because when I was done with a room, customers would say "Wow, cool room". (also, Kool was a play on my maiden name).

I have been connected to the interior decorating business a few years and I have never heard of the "flip flop contessa style"...(wasn't there a 50's Bogie movie called The Barefoot Contessa"?) heck, half my customers pronounced FAUX finishing like FOX finishing. Even if your target market is upper class they may still be ignorant of industry terminology or trends.
Most important, make it easy to remember.

Best Answer

Is that the barefoot contessa style? That makes me think a bit of shabby chic a bit. I'm not sure it's a good idea to incorporate that because to laypersons it's a somewhat obscure reference.

In general, a good formula name for a business is a strong adjective + a strong noun. For instance, an interior decorator business, like names for graphics design businesses often incorporate adjectives that have to do with vision, beauty, elegance, etc.

a lot depends on your particular aesthetic. If you're more into elegance, go for that. But if you know your visual style is more eclectic, go for that. Look up in your thesaurus synonyms to your main visual style.

So you have the adjective, then pair it with a noun (once again get your thesaurus) that suggests ambience, decor, decoration, interiors, image, etc.

An easy example I imagine to be "Simplicity Interiors"

How about ContessaLana Interiors?

Cantate

Since it's home based, how about "From my house to Yours" or "From our home to yours" or something along those lines?

By LRP (Guest Post)

"DECK IT ALL"

What about"Unique Home Decorating", good luck.

I think that Home Decorating is a good choice. I also think there should be another sign that says that you do party planning, and season decorating. I think I have another idea for your but is not about the name. It is about the decoration on the outside which I think you should put pictures of rooms you've done and then the people will see how talented you are and they'll go inside and ask you to work on and a room or house of there's.

I hope my advice is of use and good luck with the new bussiness.