StainsCleaning

Yellow Stains On Green Clothing

Category Stains

Lately, all of my green shirts have been coming out of the washing machine with yellow stains, especially around the collar. I recently bought a new green shirt and it wound up with yellow streaks on the front even before it went into the machine (I had NOT been using bleach). Please help with any ideas as to why this is happening and what might help.

Thanks,
Samantha

Do you use any type of product such as Clearsil? It will take the color out of clothes and carpet but it doesn't happen until the item gets wet - that's been my experience at least! If the green has been bleached out, you can't fix it. You would have to do some type of dying and I'm not familiar with how to do that.

Sorry but, it just might be your body oils/body chemistry. Does this only happen on green clothes or other colors too. My husband can bleach purple, maroon, and blue just by wearing it. Those are the worst. Also don't wear it more than once before washing. Hubby's more expensive clothes don't seem to discolor. I now only use white or yellow sheets and towels. Everything else gets bleach spots/areas. I'll keep my husband. Good clothes and sheets are easier to find than the gem I found in my husband.

Hi Samantha,

I recently encountered the same problem with a lovely pink linen blouse that I wore last summer. After washing it I placed it in with my summer clothes. I recently went to iron it & noticed a lot of beige like spots all over it-front, back & even the sleeves. I used an old method that was offered to me by the experts of WISK detergent. Take 1 part of liquid detergent to 4 parts of water placing the solution in a bucket. Add your item (only 1 piece @ a time) & soak for 30 minutes. Then wash in water only using no more detergent. I also used this method using TIDE detergent. The spots disappeared like magic. The rep @ WISK said it had to do with the brightening of the detergent. Try it & I hope it works. Please post on this website the results & good luck.

Regards,

joesgirl

The stain will eventually come out with repeated washings.

My 12-year old son's T-shirts & Polos from Old Navy are coming out of the dryer with pinkish discolorations on them. It started with the insides of the collars & underarm areas, but now there are "splashes" of bleach-type marks on the front. If these are coming from Clearasil type products, how would that affect the collar/underarm areas of the shirt? Although, it does look like something could have been spilled across the front. It is only my son's clothes, so I know it isn't something that is happening in the laundry rm. Has anyone figured this out since the last feedback? This is getting expensive!""

My husband has the same problem with colored clothes. I thought it may be the combination of the sunblock he wears everyday, the acne medicine he wears at night and his body perspiration. It was sad when we had just purchased his new golf shirts and well now they look like clothes you would clean the car with:( We also have the same problem with sheets, pillow cases and towels:( Money lost!!!! Buy white or very light colors from now on!!!

Could bleach stain maroon, and turn it yellow?

Ok this phenomenon only happens on my designer shirts such as Bananna Republic, Calvin Kline, J Crew, etc. But my other shits like skate Co. brands: Volcom, Vurt, Etnies, etc. does not seem to fall victim. I'm tired of ruining my shirts every time I wash them. Thats when the staining seems to happen. I will try Joesgirls advice. I hope it works. PLEASE POST ANY OTHER TACTICS if there are any. Thank you.

We have had discolored clothing for a while and have discovered that it is my sons acne medicine. It has benzoyl peroxide in it and it bleeches the clothing.

I agree, it's probably an ingredient in your body lotion or acne medication. Acids can do that.