Dry HairHair Tips

Solution for Dry Hair

Category Dry Hair

For dry hair, a solution is as close as your refrigerator. Get that jar of mayonnaise and spread it over your hair until thoroughly saturated. Wrap a towel around your head and leave mayonnaise on for 1/2 hour. Wash until all signs of the mayo are gone. Your hair will be clean and shiny.

By sewingmamma

you may want to wrap your head in plastic wrap or a shower cap before ruining your towel. it helps to keep the body heat in and further penetrate the fats in the mayo into your hairs' cuticle. also you can try the same treatment with heated olive oil.

In high school I told my sister to use mayonnaise as a conditioner to play a rather cruel joke on her. It took her hours to wash the mayonnaise goo out of her hair. I would use only the smallest amount if trying this remedy.

I've used avocados also! afterwards it leaves my hair so shiny!!!!

i tried the mayo treatment before going out with my husband one night. i have super dry hair. i waited half an hour with that towel on my head, and when i pulled it off my hair was so nasty and greasy. i probably just used too much, but ewwww! the avacados work great and so does olive oil but always in moderation. i dont think i will ever try mayo again.

Okay. Yesterday I did the mayo thing, and it's like, not working at all. I might have not washed it all out, but no, it's not working at all.