Spaghetti Sauce Spice Mix As Frugal Gift

When I make spaghetti, I use a mix of spices that I add to my sauce, such as garlic powder, oregano, basil, crushed chilies, and sugar. I poured about one tablespoon full of each into a baggie and zip-locked it closed. Then I bought a small Christmas tin at the dollar store and put the baggie inside.

For cooking instructions, I cut out a section of old Christmas card and wrote the spaghetti preparation on one side. After punching one hole in the recipe card, I tied it with Christmas ribbon around the can to give as a gift.

Source: I found this idea in the Gooseberry Patch Christmas Book from the library.

By Patricia Mabel from Maple Falls, WA

Anonymous

Love your idea! You can go one step further by making a small gift basket that also contains the correct amount of pasta, tomato sauce/paste and maybe even a small can of grated Parmesan cheese :-)

I love the Gooseberry Friends books. I have one hardcover one for holidays and several booklets I purchased at a discount resale store.

And, like you, I have referred to at least one of them to share information here on ThriftyFun (attributed it to them, like you did too).

Holidays and Parties Gifts FoodDecember 5, 2011
📓
🎂
🌻