Mature Skin TipsSkin Care

Spritz Face With Hair Shine

Wrinkles are only part of how you are received as aging. Facial skin that is dry and blotchy makes you emphasizes wrinkles and makes you appear older. A little trick I came up with is to very lightly spritz your face with a hair shining product. They can be found at your local wal-mart etc. for very reasonable $3 - $4 a bottle). It will give you a great healthy young glow to your skin, and make you appear younger.

By mnrealestate from Madison, MN

Anonymous

It's really not a good idea to use hair products on facial skin because there are so many ingredients in them that can clog delicate facial pores and damage the delicate skin :-( Hair products are formulated for hair, which is a dead appendage, and scalp skin, which is entirely different from facial skin :-(

Simply spraying with a fine water mist a few times a day (a tiny bit of glycerin added to the water to aid in holding the moisture if you wish) would be a far safer thing to do for long term facial skin health!

I would be very concerned "what" I was spraying on my face! Sorry, sounds like a bad idea to me.

I agree with the others. Your skin is very porous & absorbs what you put on it, it's why so much of the moisturizers out there are really bad for your body.

If you want to make your face look better & have it be more than skin deep, use a 10% plus solution of white vinegar mix as a toner (start with 10% & increase till it's 50%, but do it slowly). It is an alpha-hydroxy & causes the skin to peel in very thin layers. This make wrinkles less deep & noticeable. When you wash your face after using this tuff, the next day or later that day, you take off the old skin & the skin doesn't only look better, but is actually better.

I've been using this method for years & the peeling is better & doesn't harm my body or face like retin A or any of the other things out there for this same purpose.

It is ok to spray for a party, to shine, but I would not do it every day.