General AdviceConsumer Advice

Reviews of Sewing Related Trade Shows and Exhibitions in the USA

I arrived at your site whilst looking for sewing activities and the like, information and activities from women who sew from/at home. I wish to introduce an easy pattern making concept (for clothing) that I have developed into the USA next year (2012). The proactive way to do this is to demonstrate this at sewing and craft related exhibitions.

I would be delighted if any of the group would be kind enough to tell me about such exhibitions, where they are, who to contact, and especially their opinions about any exhibitions they have attended. Tips and advise from fellow sewers is invaluable compared to commercially orientated advertising (about such exhibitions) one sees in glossy magazine and on the web.

Bear in mind, I am far away, in sunny South Africa. Looking forward to hearing from you. Photo is of a happy group of sewers after a class on lingerie and bra pattern making. Note the cheeky cake!

By Eilleen from South Africa

Have you heard of PatternReview.com? Great US based (but international membership) site and loads of info on meet-ups, etc:

sewing.patternreview.com/

Other good sites in the US for finding expos, etc, are:

www.sewing.org/

www.asg.org/

And here is a good round-up of sites:

sewing.about.com/.../Sewing_Organizations_Groups.htm

Good luck with your project, a better way to draught patterns is always welcome to sewers! I'll keep an eye out for it even though I now live in the UK:)