KitchenOrganizing

Use Dishwasher For Storage

I have a dish washer and find that I rarely use a dish drainer. I decided to put that old drainer to a better use. It works great to hold all of my lids for pots and pans upright in the small space under the sink. I also store my small cutting boards there. When you have limited storage space you have to use your imagination to keep things from being a cluttered mess. I down sized from a 3 bedroom house to a small apartment. Wow, that has been FUN trying to keep things tidy.

By thegranwan from Waveland, MS

Yes, you have to use things to make life easier in whatever way you can. I have lots of storage but I still like to find ways to make the best use of it or since I'm short, the best ways to make it convenient!

I use my dishwasher as a dish drainer when it's empty or has a few clean things in it. There's always certain things I handwash, and can just stick in the dishwasher where they are out of the way and let dry.

While this is a great idea, keep in mind that even though you don't use the dishwasher it should still be run a few times a year to keep the hoses and parts running smoothly. I'm sure if you ask any reputable appliance repair person, they will also tell you this.