AdviceClothing

Water Repellent for Clothing

In the 80's, a co-worker of mine sold some type of water and stain repellent for clothes, shoes, etc. I thought it was an amway product but I cannot seem to find it anywhere. It was such a great product, as our uniforms were always clean and never had stains on them. Water literally rolled off our shoes. I cannot think of the company. The can was white and black I believe. Does anyone know what I am trying to find? Thank you for any help.

Yankgirl from Cape Coral, FL

By SunshineRose (Guest Post)

I have used scotchguard on kids clothes to repel water. At daycare my son's mittens didn't soak though with the scotchguard.

By (Guest Post)

The product was removed from the market because it was toxic and hazardous to the health of humans.

By anna (Guest Post)

You can buy a spray can of waterproofing at Wal-mart. I found it in the sports/camping department. I'm not sure if you can use it on clothes.