LaundryCleaning

Musty Smell After Washing a Down Coat

Category Laundry

I just washed my down coat according to instructions so I could put it in storage until the next winter. I must not have dried it enough because it had a musty smell later on in the day, is it just a matter of making sure it is dry?

Can I rewash it and just make sure it is in the dryer long enough (I had it on tumble dry low per washing instructions for about an hour and a half)

By Seagrape (Guest Post)

Check out this link http://www.thri  f640721.tip.html for past advice on musty smells in clothing. The sodium percobonate mentioned as the active ingredient for "nappy soaker" is the active ingredient in oxygen bleach so I would try washing with an oxygen bleach, a cup of baking soda plus detergent and then hang outside in the shade until thoroughly dried.